Here’s a fact: Social media influences your SEO ranking.
Social media is now among the factors considered when determining which results to show for a search query. Matt Cutts even confirmed that Google uses social signals as a ranking factor.
This basically means that organic search results may include those sites, posts, or pieces of content which have a high number of shares, likes, +1’s and Tweets. Just imagine if your post about Nelson Mandela or the benefits of having an iPhone was shared on Facebook and it becomes viral. It is possible that your Facebook post or tweet will appear on search engines.
So, the more active you are in social media, the more likely your SEO rankings will boost. And if you want to generate more traffic from Google, Bing, or other search engines, here are the things you need to do:
Be present on social networking sites. Facebook, for instance, has 1.23 billion monthly active users. As of December 31, 2013, there are 757 million users who log on to the site on a daily basis. If you aren’t on Facebook or other popular social networking sites, then you are missing the chance of reaching your target audience and connecting with your loyal customers.
It is highly recommended that you create a Facebook page, a Twitter account, a Google+ profile, and a YouTube channel for your business.
Call to action. Make sure that you use effective calls to actions in your social media posts. Doing this will encourage readers and online users to share your content if they found it interesting, informative, and useful.
Update your social media profiles regularly. A social media strategy does not end by just creating profiles. It is continuous and you have to provide fresh, unique, and new content for your readers or else, they might stop visiting your sites.
Your customers are online, how about you?
The benefits of online marketing over traditional marketing are numerous. Here are 5 reasons that will make you realize that your business needs online marketing.
1. Figures don’t lie- Online marketing is growing. Seventy-nine percent of adult Americans use the Internet and 78% of Internet users conduct product research online. It has also been found that a consumer who watches a product video is up to 144% more likely to add that product to his cart than a consumer who does not.
Online marketing provides benefits to companies that blog. Blogging 15 or more times a month gives companies five times more traffic than those that don’t blog. Likewise, with the use of online marketing methods, 52% of all marketers found a customer through Facebook and 43% found a customer via LinkedIn.
Expect that these figures will continue to rise as online marketing is predicted to expand; and with such growth, can your business afford not to use online marketing techniques?
2. Creates connection with your target audience. Using social media as an online marketing method can give your business five benefits and these include increased exposure, increased traffic, gain market intelligence, develop loyal customers/fans, and generate leads.
Using social media such Facebook, YouTube or Twitter may improve your search engine rankings. And getting better search rankings means more exposure and website traffic. Such could also contribute to acquiring new customers.
Aside from increasing your traffic, social media will also enable you to get more fans/followers. Engagement with them is made possible and relationships are built. Likewise, social media allows you or an allentown marketing company like L4 Group, LLC to reach a wider audience; hence, take this opportunity to represent your business as an expert in the industry you belong to.
3. Reduces marketing expenses. Digital is cheaper than traditional. Before, you have to spend thousand or million dollars for a billboard or a TV ad to promote your products and services. Now, you can advertise your brand for as low as $1 a day. Also, you can use other online platforms such as Facebook and Google AdWords to help your business get recognized.
4. Monitor and track your marketing performance. With the aid of digital tools such as Google Analytics and Bit.ly, you can easily measure your marketing efforts. Bit.ly, for instance, enables you to see how many people have clicked on your shared link and the geographic distribution of clicks. This simply means that you can determine your marketing results in an instant, unlike when using traditional marketing, you need to wait for months or for the end of the marketing campaign to know the result.
5. Control is within your hands. The good thing about online marketing is you can easily detect if your efforts are not worth it; and if so, you can remove the advertisements, stop your campaign or your search engine optimization methods. This is to prevent waste of time and money.
So let’s answer the question, “Does your business need online marketing?” Definitely, yes!